no-preinstall: Architecture-specific header files

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Jan 24 06:48:03 UTC 2018

On 23/01/18 22:51, Joel Sherrill wrote:

>     >
>     > If we move them, I prefer this cpukit/include/@RTEMS_CPU@ because it
>     > is easier to find header files while browsing the cpukit source
>     tree,
>     > there is only one place to look in the include subtree. I'm also ok
>     > with cpukit/include/arch/@RTEMS_CPU@ to further organize them, which
>     > was not an option you listed.
>     >

>     Either works for me.
>

> +1 although I kind of lean to having them collected under arch. That
> avoids
> some clutter and avoids the include directory directly under another
> issue.

I am not so fond of this subtree special case. It is not
self-describing. You have to know that there exists an -I magic in the
build system which maps some subtrees. The BSP area is not organized
like this. Then, I am more in favour of the original directory:

cpukit/score/cpu/@RTEMS_CPU@/include

find -name include

gives you all the include directories.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de