New BSP source structure

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Jan 31 11:57:37 UTC 2018

On 31/01/18 00:12, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 31/01/2018 01:16, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 1:44 AM, Sebastian Huber
>> <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

>>> The question is this: should it go into the 5.1 release? I guess it needs
>>> three to six months to get this done.
>>>
>> I think our guiding philosophy moving forward is to cut a release with
>> any major change? We should not hold up a release for a second major
>> change like this, even if it is related.
>>
> Backporting fixes going to be OK?

I had a brief look into the build system stuff under c. It seems
c/src/configure is the main target code build driver. Looks like a
considerable amount (more that two person weeks) of work to move the stuff.

>> What about putting this under dev/net?

I would keep the legacy network stuff in one specific directory. I
renamed it to net (ticket description).

>> As with 3rd party doc, I would suggest a contrib subdirectory of the
>> bsp for vendor sources and other imported code that is not directly
>> translated into a "standard" BSP file.
> +1 on using 'contrib' as the top level directory and the vendor's structure
> under that.

I added the contrib directory to the ticket description.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de