New BSP source structure

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Wed Jan 31 19:09:11 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 6:57 AM, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> On 31/01/18 00:12, Chris Johns wrote:
>>
>> On 31/01/2018 01:16, Gedare Bloom wrote:

>>> I think our guiding philosophy moving forward is to cut a release with
>>> any major change? We should not hold up a release for a second major
>>> change like this, even if it is related.
>>>
>> Backporting fixes going to be OK?
>

> I had a brief look into the build system stuff under c. It seems
> c/src/configure is the main target code build driver. Looks like a
> considerable amount (more that two person weeks) of work to move the stuff.

In terms of back-porting, it may be best to refactor the existing BSP
structure into the common way described below for this release, at
least for the "major" BSPs, but keeping them under c/src/libbsp. This
way, back-port fixes should be a matter of mapping the relocated
files, but the directory structures they were relocated to should not
be too different.

-Gedare