Journal of Open Source Software

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Jul 6 18:06:36 UTC 2018

Hi

In IEEE Edge, there was an article on the Journal of Open Source Software.
This is a fairly recent OSI effort to have a citable reference for an open
source
project. No cost. Some review. Guidelines on a paper.md in the top of
the source tree.

https://joss.theoj.org/about
https://peerj.com/articles/cs-147/

I know we get asked for a citable reference for RTEMS so this seems
like a solution to that problem. Doesn't seem like they want to impose
a huge burden.

I am unsure what happens to a paper.md in the top directory versus
a citation. I would expect us to evolve the paper.md to keep it technically
accurate.  In my mind, you cite a static piece of material.

I know that none of us have free time to just dive in and do this
immediately but I would like to hear what others think.

We can always file a ticket to keep this around as an idea.

--joel