[GSOC - Tracing] Status Update

Vidushi Vashishth reachvidu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 03:18:50 UTC 2018

Hi!

https://github.com/VidushiVashishth/Tracing

This is the required repository. I read up the POSIX API documentation to
understand that nothing of the like of system( ) would work on rtems since
its a single process os.
The main_rtrace.c in the given repository currently consists of this wrong
approach. There are two options that I can do.

1) See if babelltrace C API would work and replace the system call logic
with this.

OR

2) Continue with the barectf approach. PFA the metadata file that I came up
with for this purpose.
A typical trace will consist a single stream. Events inside the stream will
have three fields for name of the function, two input argument values or
one return value (according to whether the event describes the entry or
exit of the function being traced)

Things to be done in this method:
1) Convert the metada file to a yaml configuration file. (almost done)
2) Inspect the header and c file generated by barectf for this configuration
3) Create a trace linker generator which binds these barectf function calls
to tracing.

Checkout the barectf documentation to see how it works:

I will send the yaml configuration too when its done. What do you suggest I
should do?