coverage : error when running --coverage with rtems-test for whole testsuites

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Jul 20 16:38:09 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 9:14 AM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 6:29 PM, Vijay Kumar Banerjee
> <vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I used the following command
> >
> > ====================
> > $HOME/development/rtems/test/rtems-tools/tester/rtems-test \
> > --rtems-tools=$HOME/development/rtems/5 --log=coverage_analysis.log \
> > --no-clean --coverage=score --rtems-bsp=leon3-qemu-cov \
> > /home/lunatic/development/rtems/kernel/leon3/sparc-
> rtems5/c/leon3/testsuites
> > --debug-trace=cov
> > ====================
> >
> > and I'm getting the following error
> >
> > ===================
> > error: coverage: covoar failure:: -9
> > ===================
> >

> What does error code -9 mean from covoar?
>
> Does it make any progress at all?

Can you capture the command line used to invoke covoar and
run it in gdb? That's an odd error message. covoar is usually
good at printing something useful. It was written to be paranoid.

> > This, however, runs fine for samples/
> >

> does this command work for you without using the cov options?
>
> > I think this will probably be on hold as Chris seems to be
> > on a break, meanwhile, I want to do a wrapup work on
> > the non-gcov coverage reports, I seek suggestions/advice
> > for the same.
> >
> > The current state is that the coverage reports can be generated
> > for one symbol-set only, There's a ticket for the support of
> > generating separate reports of multiple sets from covoar.
> >
> > https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3441

I thought originally that the Python would invoke covoar multiple
times. It was slower but that was how it was originally designed.
Is there no support in the Python for doing this?

> > Please let me know of any suggestions including suggestions
> > regarding documentation as Coverage needs more
> > documentation.
> >

> What is the existing documentation for coverage?

That's an important part of reproducability.