buffer overrun in rtems_rfs_bitmap_create_search()

Walter Lee waltl at google.com
Tue Jun 5 19:38:04 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 4:09 PM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 2:27 PM, Walter Lee <waltl at google.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Gedare.  Thanks for the response.  I am using a snapshot of RTEMS
>> provided by a third party, based on commit #821acce on master.  The
>> bug should still be there on the tip of master and on 4.11 (and
>> probably 4.10 also, but that version seems to be missing another
>> patch).
>
> Any idea which patch or ticket that was? I am curious whether it was
> a bug or improvement and there are two patches to apply to 4.11.

It's https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2164, commit hash a9619f3c.

There are also a couple bug fixes in that file that are not in 4.11 or 4.10:
095a807b Reset free count properly in rtems_rfs_bitmap_map_clear_all()
64908df11 Fixes bitmap allocation accounting logic in rtems-rfs-bitmaps.c

Thanks,

Walter