[Tracing] Deciding the Yaml configuration for barectf input

Vidushi Vashishth reachvidu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 02:11:55 UTC 2018

Hey Guillaume!

>I am wondering what tools are currently used for visualizing the resulting
RTEMS trace, if any. And what are your plan on this aspect once you can
output CTF traces with >RTEMS?

RTEMS wiki pages do suggest using trace compass for the purpose of
visualization of traces [1]. It seems like a good choice.

>There is currently interest in providing support for generic RTOS support
in Trace Compass [1], which I'll be working on soon. If we could coordinate
on this aspect >regarding traced events, I think we could achieve
interesting things.

For sure! I look forward to it.

>Also, my two cent for your question is that you are much better
integrating CTF gen directly in RTEMS if modification to babeltrace source
code would be required. I think it >would be simpler to upstream your
changes that way.

Yes that would be simpler. But at some point in time I will have to decide
on a CTF structure for the output traces. I suspect this knowledge will
also be used when changing the babeltrace source code for RTEMS trace
format conversion. And hence the urgent need for advice :p

Thanks for the input:)

Vidushi