[GSOC - Tracing] Status Update

Vidushi Vashishth reachvidu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 05:12:56 UTC 2018

>Run on what? RTEMS?
yes.

>Are there any RTEMS repos with your work?
I havent pushed my code since it is throwing errors. Should I push it
nonetheless for you to see? Or create another repo?

>RTEMS does not support `system()`.
Does RTEMS support fdopen or popen? I am trying to execute the babeltrace
command on the shell, from within the c program. I could use babeltrace C
API instead but Gedare suggested during a meeting that it might not be
integrable with RTEMS.

>Could please explain how you are integrating `program.c`?
I have created a new shell utility function in the
*rtems/cpukit/libmisc/shell/main_rtrace.c*. It saves the raw trace buffer
to a file and then uses the logic of `program.c`
to convert it into CTF traces.