Error in Trace-buffering example

Vidushi Vashishth reachvidu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 11:48:27 UTC 2018

Hello!

I am hoping to apply to Gsoc'18 for the runtime tracing project. I am
following the RTEMS tracing documentation [1] and have been trying to run
the fileio trace sample to familiarise with how traces are generated. I
have set the rtems-path to the installed BSP erc32 in the fileio-trace.ini.
The directory structure of my set up is the same as provided in the User
manual. However while trying to link the fileio.exe I get a few errors:

Command:

sparc-rtems5-gcc -Bsparc-rtems5/erc32/lib/ -specs bsp_specs -qrtems \

          -mcpu=cypress -O2 -g -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall \

          -Wmissing-prototypes -Wimplicit-function-declaration
-Wstrict-prototypes \

          -Wnested-externs -Wl,--gc-sections -mcpu=cypress \

          -o sparc-rtems5/c/erc32/testsuites/samples/fileio/fileio.exe
sparc-rtems5/c/erc32/testsuites/samples/fileio/init.o

Error:
 *sparc-rtems5-gcc:* *error: *bsp_specs: No such file or director

Command:

rtems-tld -C fileio-trace.ini -W fileio-wrapper --
-Bsparc-rtems5/erc32/lib/ -specs bsp_specs -qrtems -mcpu=cypress -O2 -g
-ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wimplicit-function-declaration -Wstrict-prototypes -Wnested-externs
-Wl,--gc-sections -mcpu=cypress -o
sparc-rtems5/c/erc32/testsuites/samples/fileio/fileio.exe
sparc-rtems5/c/erc32/testsuites/samples/fileio/init.o

Error:

error: /development/rtems/kernel/erc32: Invalid RTEMS path

I am in quite a fix. My directory structure seems okay. Would appreciate
some insight.