Error in Trace-buffering example

Vidushi Vashishth reachvidu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 07:41:43 UTC 2018

>> The -B option should have a full path not a partial one. The $prefix
used when
>> building the BSP is missing.
>>
> >Did you use a full path? Is there an argument missing to the invocation?

Adding full path to the -B option works. Turns out $prefix is not required
in the command.

>The link provided to our wiki does not have the full path. I am not sure
why ...

The wiki description also does not show the full path for fileio.exe and
init.o. I made changes to the command to overcome the errors. Should I
raise a ticket to make the changes?

However now on trying to run the trace link command (which follows) I am
encountering an error:

Command:

rtems-tld -C fileio-trace.ini -W fileio-wrapper --
-B/Users/vidushi/development/rtems/5/sparc-rtems5/erc32/lib/ -specs
bsp_specs -qrtems -mcpu=cypress -O2 -g -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections
-Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wimplicit-function-declaration
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wl,--gc-sections -mcpu=cypress -o
sparc-rtems5/c/erc32/testsuites/samples/fileio/fileio.exe
sparc-rtems5/c/erc32/testsuites/samples/fileio/init.o

Error:

error: /Users/vidushi/development/rtems/kernel/erc32: Invalid RTEMS path

According to the wiki documentation the rtems-path in the configuration
file should be set to the installed BSP.

Following is the [fileio-options] section of my configuration file:

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[fileio-options]

dump-on-error = true

;

; Tools

;

prefix = /Users/vidushi/development/rtems/5

rtems-path = /Users/vidushi/development/rtems/kernel/erc32

rtems-bsp = sparc/erc32

;

; Generator options.

;

gen-enables = enable

gen-triggers = enable

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My rtems-path does point to the installed BSP directory. I can't think of a
reason for this error.

On an unrelated note I am working on my proposal and would try to submit it
by end of today. For the past couple of days I have been trying to make the
trace-buffering example work and am hoping to solve the #2780 ticket. I
have also been going through the work of previous GSOC interns in the same
project trying to ascertain if I can carry forward from where they left
off. Hence I wanted to ask if trying to implement the live-tracing
functionality over several transport mechanisms would be a viable goal for
the proposal? Assuming it wasn't finished.

Also, given the paucity of time would you suggest that I finish the
proposal first or my patch for the aforementioned ticket.

#2780 : https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2780

Best,

Vidushi