rtems-tools: coverage covoar GSoC merge

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com
Thu May 3 15:22:54 UTC 2018

Hello,

I want to ask some things about the project to get a clear understanding of
the objectives/milestones and current status of the project. I also seek
advice on my Tasks/obectives.

1. The covoar has been updated to read symbols from the library and the
next milestone is to remove covoar's dependancy on the external tools,
which Chris is working on . ( Is that correct? )

2. after it is done , the next step,I think, would be to update the
coverage.py and test.py with the changes in covoar.

While the Covoar is being updated, shall I be looking into the
documentations and read the code to gain better understanding? Do you
suggest me to work on some specific task ?

Please suggest resources to gain better understanding of how coverage
analysis works/supposed to work with the rtems tester. (I can even try
updating the documentations with some help, this will also help me get
better understanding ).

Thank you.