rtems-tools: coverage covoar GSoC merge

Cillian O'Donnell cpodonnell8 at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:28:10 UTC 2018

On Thu, 3 May 2018, 16:23 Vijay Kumar Banerjee, <vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to ask some things about the project to get a clear understanding
> of the objectives/milestones and current status of the project. I also seek
> advice on my Tasks/obectives.
>
> 1. The covoar has been updated to read symbols from the library and the
> next milestone is to remove covoar's dependancy on the external tools,
> which Chris is working on . ( Is that correct? )

Looks like it won't be necessary for gsoc, so we won't have to wait for
their removal. Chris might still have some other changes to make though and
then we can pull master and branch off from there.

> 2. after it is done , the next step,I think, would be to update the
> coverage.py and test.py with the changes in covoar.

Yeah getting all the rtems tester code up to a standard that Chris will be
happy to merge it will be the next step.

> While the Covoar is being updated, shall I be looking into the
> documentations and read the code to gain better understanding? Do you
> suggest me to work on some specific task ?

Understanding how covoar is working will be useful. Running covoar with -v
option and reading down through covoar.cc should help you get an overview
of what's going on. You don't need to understand every detail, just get a
general sense of it.

Looks like gcov is going to feature heavily in your project. So reading up
on that and understanding what state the gcov support in covoar is like
should be useful.