Query regarding disk cache in RTEMS

Udit agarwal dev.madaari at gmail.com
Thu May 17 13:13:35 UTC 2018

Hi all,
I was looking at the internal working of a benchmark and the way it
disables cache for direct IO operations, needed to benchmark storage device
drivers. I have a small query regarding how cache is organized in RTEMS:

Usually data transfer model is something like:
Application address space --> Page cache --> Write-back cache --> storage
device
is this model valid for RTEMS too?

Moreover, in FreeBSD/Linux, O_DIRECT flag is used with the file descriptor
to bypass write-back cache. do we have something like that in RTEMS? AFAIK,
In RTEMS, libblock is used to transfer data to the storage device. So,
configuring it like:

>  #define CONFIGURE_BDBUF_MAX_READ_AHEAD_BLOCKS 0

should disable the cache? or is there any other setting that should be
tweaked?

Regards,
Udit