LIST OF IO BENCHMARKS

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon May 21 13:54:38 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 8:31 AM, Udit agarwal <dev.madaari at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gedare, Hi Joel,
>
> On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 6:53 PM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
>
>> "License type customized" is not clear to me what that means, it would
>> be worth explaining
>>

> In case of IOZONE's license
> <http://www.iozone.org/docs/Iozone_License.txt>,  by customized license
> type, I just mean that it's not one of  standard OSS licenses like GPL, BSD
> etc.

I call this an "AS IS vendor" license but apparently, OSI gives something
similar the name Free Public License 1.0.0

https://opensource.org/licenses/FPL-1.0.0

The IOZONE license meets the permissive license requirements for RTEMS.

But again, we could just end up putting a disk_benchmarks directory under
the RSB
(or examples-v2[1]) and include instructions, RTEMS configuration, plus
patches. I
suspect that we will have to consider that an end user will have to
customize the
startup to account for device names, mounting, etc. That leaves the RSB a
less than
ideal situation unless we can figure out how to kit each benchmark properly.

Overall, I am torn on where this code will end up but think it needs to be
public from rtems.org, with easy tailoring and good instructions.

[1] We need to eventually rename this to rtems-examples. :)

> BTW, My domain name's DNS is currently misconfigured, website can be
> accessed from here <http://81.4.107.225/wordpress/>. And for backup, I
> have exported the
> wordpress content to blogger(here <http://nerdyclap.blogspot.in/>).
> (There are some alignment issues after exporting, mainly due to the custom
> CSS i was using, i'll fix that ASAP)
>
> OK. Just pointing it out. :)

--joel