powerpc/virtex and ss555 CPU model

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue May 22 23:32:23 UTC 2018

Hi

These BSPs now don't compile as a side-effect of my recent change.
My change unearthed that neither used the same -mcpu=XXX and
-DXXX CPU model.

virtex: uses -mcpu=403 but -Dppc405
ss555 uses -mcpu=505 but -Dppc555

The virtex failure is an obvious ifdef conditional patch confusion
that I am unsure how to resolve. I think it should be -mcpu=405,
use the __PPC405__ that gcc generates, and/or the BSP should
state it is a 405. Note that gcc generates ppc403 when -mcpu=403
which trips the logic badly.

The ss555 appears to be something similar but I haven't tracked
it down completely. The definition of the nri special register in
rtems/asm.h isn't geting tripped.

Is the virtex a 403 or 405 would be the first question.

Reconciling 505 and 555 will be the next issue.

--joel