[GSoC] Tracing

Vidushi Vashishth reachvidu at gmail.com
Tue May 29 07:30:32 UTC 2018

Hey Sebastian!

Yes I have been working on the trace linker the past week. It is outdated
and needs improvements. A lot of my work depends on me fixing the trace
linker. I had informed about this last week during the meeting. I thought I
would update you as soon as I make progress. Nevertheless the following is
the status of my work:

1) Identified problems with the trace linker and working on a patch which
would fix the trace buffer generation. Using the fileio sample as a
testcase. I talked to Chris regarding the problems I was facing in the
process yesterday and am getting close to finishing it.

2) Collected all the relevant wiki documentation page links about the
tracing system which would be removed once the user manual is updated.

3) Installed babeltrace on mac and linux environments and understood its
working. Once the trace linker is fixed and starts generating trace data it
would be fed into babeltrace to convert it into CTF.

That's about it.

Best,
Vidushi

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 12:37 PM, Sebastian Huber <