or1k tool chain update to use GCC 9

Hesham Almatary heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 10:44:54 UTC 2018

Hi,

I built or1k toolchain and RTEMS today. Hello World works fine on
qemu-system-or1k, but not on or1ksim (which hasn't been updated since
2016).
Ticker on QEMU doesn't seem to get the timer interrupts i.e. it just
prints out the first 3 tasks and hangs.

Please note I haven't built or1k for a while, so I'm not sure that's
because of the updated toolchain, or it the issue has been already
there before.

Cheers,
Hesham
On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 at 06:10, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the RSB uses now GCC 9 to for the or1k tool chain:
>
> https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/commit/?id=8241563b6ec559fd562ec41147b04797a54dfe5f
>
> I was able to build this RTEMS BSP with it and link the tests:
>
> https://git.rtems.org/rtems/commit/?id=28bf4cae7878f4e47cc24c114fc9c5567247ecc1
>
> Please test the tool chain and fix new warnings in the RTEMS build. It
> would be nice to have thread-local storage support for this port. The
> console driver should be converted to use the new Termios device driver API.
>
> --
> Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

> Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
> Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09