Link RAP file error on zynq BSP

jameszxj jameszxj at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 04:45:48 UTC 2018

HI,    I run RTEMS on my xilinx z7k board and dynamic load application(RAP format) from shell.
In recent update, i encount a link error when link the RAP file.
Here is the command and output message:
                rtems-ld -n -e PT_Init --base rtems-nsa.elf wsp/build/nssys.elf -o wsp/build/nssys.out
                error: rap::object: Section index '65522' not found: wsp/build/nssys.elf

    At last I found the bsp_spec file has been modified,  "*link:%{!qrtems: %(old_link)} %{qrtems: -dc -dp -N}" was removed
from the bsp_spec file.  Add this line to the file, ld is OK.
   Why removed these lines?

   Does the newest RTEMS support the loading of incrementally linked ELF files? RAP format runs OK, but the link needs BSP image, this
make BSP's development and APP's development not so independent. a little pity, :)