RTEMS build broken on msys2

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Oct 11 13:59:32 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018, 6:16 AM Sebastian Huber <

> Hello,
>
> it is always a pleasure to work on Windows via msys2. After my recent
> Makefile.am changes the argument list to create the library is too long:
>
> in_cpuinfo.o libmisc/shell/main_profreport.o libmisc/utf8proc/utf8proc.o
> libmd/sha256c.o libmd/sha512c.o             score/cpu/no_cpu/cpuidle.o
> score/cpu/powerpc/cpu.o score/cpu/powerpc/ppc-context-volatile-clobber.o
> score/cpu/powerpc/ppc-context-validate.o
> score/cpu/powerpc/ppc-isr-disable-mask.o
> score/cpu/powerpc/ppc-isr-vector-install.o
> make[4]: execvp: powerpc-rtems5-ar: Argument list too long

Since we would like to eventually move the legacy Network stack to another
package entirely, would simply letting it and pppd be their in Makefile,am
and separate library installed help.

Eventually we may hit the limit again but we may be at waf by then.