Can't find Python.h on MSYS2 -- It's there

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Oct 23 14:59:47 UTC 2018

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 7:03 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 23/10/2018 10:44, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 22, 2018, 6:37 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
> > <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>> wrote:
> > Hmm ... I installed msys2 from scratch in the last couple of weeks. I
> used the
> > Pacman command in the hosts section (formerly in the RSB). Are there two
> Pacman
> > command examples?
>
> I cannot find any mention after you merged the Quick starts into a single
> one in
> the User Manual.
>
> > I will scratch my msys2 and try again tomorrow but please check if there
> are two
> > separate sections with Pacman command advice.
>
> Sure.

Hmmm... user/hosts/windows.rst and rsb/hosts.rst still have example pacman
commands. I suspect I should have removed rsb/hosts.rst. :(

Fresh msys2 install:

 $ pacman -S python mingw-w64-x86_64-python2 mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc \
  bison cvs diffutils git make patch tar texinfo unzip
$ git clone git://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder.git
$ cd rtems-source-builder/rtems

jrs007 at JRS-OAR-Laptop MSYS ~/rtems-source-builder/rtems
$ ../source-builder/sb-check
error: no hosts defaults found; please add
$ ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --source-only-download 5/rtems-sparc
error: no hosts defaults found; please add
Build FAILED

Seems like something got worse.

--joel