GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Aug 2 05:47:46 UTC 2019

On 02/08/2019 05:48, Ravindra Kumar Meena wrote:
> I have implemented the hash map for [thread_id]->[thread_name]. The hash
> map stores the thread per cpu.
> https://github.com/rmeena840/rtems-tools/commit/a8da9cc4aefc1cdb5d9634715601a96f69fa526a

Why do you implement a hash map on your own? I would have renamed the
record-main.c to record-main.cc and use std::map for example or
something from boost.

The threads can execute on every CPU, so this information must not be
CPU-specific.

What do you want to do with this line?

map_insert( cctx->map_per_cpu[ item->cpu ].hashArray, item->data,
rtems_record_event_text( item->event ));

We need thread names, not the text of a record event.

To figure out how the thread names are sent from the target to your
client you have to look at this patch:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/commit/?id=036717eda4de437336a86ca67253b7e32f67463c

If you don't understand this patch, then please ask.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de