GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 06:29:16 UTC 2019

> Why do you implement a hash map on your own? I would have renamed the
> record-main.c to record-main.cc and use std::map for example or
> something from boost.

I tried this but this generates a lot of warnings from the same file and
other files also. Converting from C to another language requires the
resolution of each warning. That's why I implemented it.

> The threads can execute on every CPU, so this information must not be
> CPU-specific.

Okay

> What do you want to do with this line?
>
> map_insert( cctx->map_per_cpu[ item->cpu ].hashArray, item->data,
> rtems_record_event_text( item->event ));
>
> We need thread names, not the text of a record event.

Okay. How do I get thread name in client-side?

> To figure out how the thread names are sent from the target to your
> client you have to look at this patch:
>

> https://git.rtems.org/rtems/commit/?id=036717eda4de437336a86ca67253b7e32f67463c
>
> If you don't understand this patch, then please ask.

How do I access the thread name information in client-side? Will it be only
accessible through the TCP command
./build/misc/rtems-record -H 169.254.23.78 -p 1234 | head
or
./build/misc/rtems-record --input misc/record/qoriq_e6500_64.bin | head?

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,