GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 07:18:45 UTC 2019

> Yes, this is similar to what I see. I don't think this is what we want.
> The 09.. are all idle threads. What I want is something similar to the
> LTTNG output, see attached screen shot.

Are you talking about CPU states the Trace Compass has?
--CPU states
      --IRQ 34
      --SOFT_IRQ 1 Timer
      --SOFT IRQ 7 Schedular
      --SOFT IRQ 9 RCU data

> It seems the prev_state is actually the state of the new thread. Doesn't
> really make sense to me. Could you please clarify this with the LTTNG
> mailing list?

In the lttng response, I shared with you previously.
https://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2019-July/029121.html

They had mentioned that
"My guess would be that prev_state is the previous state of the thread (TID)
"

So I think prev_state is for prev_tid only.

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,