GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Aug 5 05:26:14 UTC 2019

On 05/08/2019 06:54, Ravindra Kumar Meena wrote:
> *Plan of the week:*
> Last week I did some tweak in client program for the idle thread so that
> more details are visible in Trace Compass. I will continue to work on
> the client program and will produce documentation for the same.
>
> In the console output at someplace, I am getting this type of output:
>
> THREAD_ID:a01001e
> THREAD_NAME:737769363a207461
> THREAD_NAME:736b2071756575
>
> Does this mean that the same thread_id have two thread_name? If so then
> only one thread_name can be stored in
> char thread_names[3][65536][THREAD_NAME_SIZE];

No, it means that the thread name is longer than 8 bytes (on a 32-bit
target, it would be 4 bytes), see the loop here:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/libtrace/record/record-userext.c#n54

To get the thread name back from the integers into a char array, you
have to reverse what this loop did.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de