GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 08:26:14 UTC 2019

> Thread name is in the right order now.
>
> Yes, the order is all right, but you still overwrite thread names which
> consist of multiple events.

I am not able to figure out how overwritten is happening. In my code
overwritten case is handled by:

if( cctx->thread_names[ api_id ][ thread_id ][ i ] == 0x00 )

The above line means that write value only if a NULL char position is
available. When we receive first RTEMS_RECORD_THREAD_NAME the loop will
start filling the NULL char position from the beginning and when second
RTEMS_RECORD_THREAD_NAME is received then NULL char are filled just after
the previously filled char position.

e.g.
Object Index: 30
Name: 36697773
Name: 71206b73

After the first iteration of for loop, the 16 size char array will be:
{s,w,i,6,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0}

After the second iteration of for loop, the 16 size char array will be:
{s,w,i,6,s,k, ,q,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0}

For this decode, the value will be "swi6sk q". Right? This is exactly what
I am getting in Konsole.

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,