RTEMS SMP on Raspberry Pi 2

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Aug 1 16:57:36 UTC 2019

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 10:33 AM Ricardo Gomes (1161078)
<1161078 at isep.ipp.pt> wrote:

> Helo,
>
> First of all, thank you for your response.
> You are correct, it freezes at the point it jumps to RTEMS entry point address.
> I cannot understand why it works with the non-smp samples and fails with smp samples, should I change the address?

You might use objdump to verify the expected instructions at the start
address. I don't see that the starting point should differ between SMP
and UP, but there are some SMP-specific instructions in the start
sequence (bsps/arm/shared/start/start.S), are they being reached?

I don't have experience with the RPi2 or access to the board, so I
can't offer much beyond that.