RTEMS SMP on Raspberry Pi 2

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Aug 1 16:17:08 UTC 2019

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 4:49 AM Ricardo Gomes (1161078)
<1161078 at isep.ipp.pt> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to collect some results of some experiments that I'm doing related with synchronization mechanisms for SMPs.
> So far, I have the results for QEMU but I'm trying to use a Raspberry Pi 2 to obtain results in real hardware.
>
> I saw the new patches that were recently added for the raspberry pi bsp and as mentioned in the emails related to the new patches I changed the start address to 0x200000.
>
> However, I have a problem running my samples in the board. The kernel compiles without any problem. I'm using the following commands to compile it:
>
> arm-rtems5-objcopy -Obinary
>

> Now the issue occurs when I try to execute my tests for SMP, as the kernel freezes during the boot loader first stage.
>
> As a side note, when I compile and execute something para single processor na RPi2 I don't have any issue. The issue only occurs when dealing with SMP.
>
> Can someone help me in figuring out what I'm doing wrong?

Can you clarify what is the "boot loader first stage"? Usually, that
is pre-kernel code, since it will load the binary image of the kernel,
so it is strange to see different behavior based on different compiled
kernels. Unless it is freezing at the point it jumps to RTEMS entry
start address.