LibBSD is not linking for the BBB BSP

Christian Mauderer list at c-mauderer.de
Tue Aug 27 20:12:06 UTC 2019

On 27/08/2019 21:43, Vijay Kumar Banerjee wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have sent a patch that fixes this issue:
> https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2019-August/027540.html
>
> Please try it with this patch.
>
> Christian: I have tested it with the sample app on BBB, can you please
> review it? :)
>
> Best regards

Hello Vijay,

I agree that it still works. But it is a bit odd. I'm quite sure that it
was necessary at some point to pull in the fb module to get the
initialization. Now the fb_attach and fb_detach functions are not pulled
in. It seems that the whole sys/dev/fb/fb.c file isn't necessary any
more. Maybe it would be good to try to remove that too? Otherwise it's
only dead code in libbsd.

Best regards

Christian