Doorstop 2.0.post2 release available

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Dec 4 03:25:39 UTC 2019

On 3/12/19 5:01 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 03/12/2019 00:06, Chris Johns wrote:
>>> The first use of Doorstop is done in the new build system. I will update the
>>> documentation to mention this Doorstop release. I will use it to generate the
>>> fingerprints of the items.
>> Do we need to capture Doorstop in our future releases? If so how? We have a
>> requirement our release capture all source code so insulate ourselves against an
>> upstream side not existing or restructuring.
>
> On pypi.org you can download packages:
>
> https://pypi.org/project/doorstop/2.0.post2/#files
>
> Should we add a Git mirror to RTEMS?

Does this help? I can capture a specific version somehow I suppose, ie from github.

> For what would we need Doorstop after a release? You need it after changes in
> specification files to update the fingerprints (e.g. fix of a typo in a
> documentation file). In the worst case you could do this also by hand or just
> don't update the fingerprint.

This is reasonable, I suppose. What about a user picking up a certified version
of RTEMS years later and wanting to make some changes and Doorstop is now
version 6 and something things have change? Is the release source captured the
source to use a release or is it the source to use and maintain a release?