BSP-specific tests?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Dec 6 11:29:48 UTC 2019

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019, 3:18 AM Sebastian Huber <

> Hello,
>
> fixing the issues of this ticket may result in a brittle implementation
> due to performance reasons:
>
> https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3832
>
> It would be good to test this. Unfortunately, the mechanisms to signal
> FPU exceptions on ARMv7 are highly chip implementation dependent.
>
> With the new build system we have the ability to add BSP-specific or
> architecture-specific test programs, e.g.
>
> build-type: test-program
> enabled-by:
> - and:
>    - arm
>    - or:
>      - tms570ls3137_hdk
>      - tms570ls3137_hdk_intram
>      - tms570ls3137_hdk_sdram
>      - tms570ls3137_hdk_with_loader
>
> The question is, should we do this? I think we should do it

HPSC has required writing a collection of driver tests. Some can be generic
if the driver is present but others will be BSP dependent. I recall one
that is BSP dependent exercised the very specific device always attached to
i2c.

It would be good to have these as well as some which are selected when a
BSP has a feature or driver.