Zynq Ultrascale+

Mathew Benson mbenson at windhoverlabs.com
Sun Dec 8 19:15:34 UTC 2019

My new board arrived so I'm shelving the OcPoC (Zynq 7020) to focus on the
new Zynq Ultrascale+.

https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/en/TE0820-03-2AI21FA-MPSoC-Module-with-Xilinx-Zynq-UltraScale-ZU2CG-1I-2-GByte-DDR4-SDRAM-4-x-5-cm

Has anybody ported RTEMS to the Zynq Ultrascale+?  I saw that
"xilinx_zynqmp" is the arm family with "xilinx_zynqmp_ultra96" BSP.  Does
this actually work?  Maybe this is a dumb question, but why is the
xilinx_zynqmp_ultra96 BSP built using the arm-rtems5 toolchain?  It builds
a 32 bit binary.  The Zynq Ultrascale is 64 bit.  The linux kernel built by
the Xilinx Petalinux toolchain results in an aarch64 kernel.

--
*Mathew Benson*
CEO | Chief Engineer

www.windhoverlabs.com