Query related to PRU drivers of BeagleBone Black

Utkarsh Rai utkarsh.rai60 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 18:44:33 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,
I am interested in contributing to the PRU drivers of the BeagleBone Black
BSP. I have briefly overviewed the work that has been done
<https://github.com/nilhoel1/rtems-pru>on the PRU drivers. I have few
queries regarding the same-
1. Instead of using Linux based UIO drivers, FreeBSD based drivers have
been used. Is there an advantage/specific-feature that FreeBSD drivers have
over Linux ones for this choice?
2. What all are the driver features that have still not been
developed/debugged/tested?
3. How should I proceed to test the driver features on the BeagleBone Black?
I would be very grateful if I could get a few indicators on the
above-mentioned queries.

Thank you, Regards.