Error while building the rtems-libbsd

Christian Mauderer list at c-mauderer.de
Mon Dec 30 13:49:08 UTC 2019

On 28/12/2019 18:43, Utkarsh Rai wrote:
> Hi,
> While building the rtems-libbsd as described here
> <https://devel.rtems.org/browser/rtems-libbsd/README.waf?rev=b83012a9f9f1551d9d223c3126d0f43aba79db62> I
> was able to successfully configure the waf file as:-
> waf configure
> --prefix="/home/ur10/sandbox/rtems/5"
> --rtems-bsps=arm/beagleboneblack
> --buildset=buildset/default.ini
> But the build fails on the "waf" instruction with the error -  "Could
> not create the directory ///h".
> My path for the build is  PATH="~/sandbox/rtems/bin:$PATH", with the
> tools and the rtems-libbsd in the sandbox directory.
> It would be very kind of you if someone could point out as to what is it
> that I am doing wrong.
> Thank You, Regards.

Hello Utkarsh Rai,

I now have seen that bug about two or three times on the list. But I've
never been able to reproduce it. What host system are you using? Do you
have a python2 or a python3 as default python?

Sometimes it works to clean up the libbsd directory. Remove the "build"
directory and the ".waf2..." or ".waf3..." directory. Also remove any
"__pycache__" directories.

>From your call it seems that you use waf from your host system. Can you
try to use the waf version delivered with libbsd instead (using "./waf
configure ...")?

Best regards

Christian