powerpc/mpc5643l_dpu: psxconfig01 too large

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Feb 28 23:04:01 UTC 2019

On 1/3/19 10:00 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2019, 4:50 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
> <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     This test has a number of config values that overflow the memory on the
>     powerpc/mpc5643l_dpu BSP. Can these value be reduced so they can fit?
>
>     I can provide support in .tcfg files now to provide specific per BSP settings
>     but I am not sure what the values should be for this BSP? Some guidance is most
>     welcome.
> Unfortunately I think this is a test like the old sp09 which crammed too much
> into one executable. I think it needs to be split into multiple tests. Ideally
> one per object class.

That would work. I am wondering about values like 37, 41, 43, etc ...

#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_BARRIERS 2
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_MESSAGE_QUEUES 7
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_PARTITIONS 37
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_PERIODS 41
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_REGIONS 43
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_SEMAPHORES 47
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS 11
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TIMERS 59
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_USER_EXTENSIONS 17

They look unusual enough to mean something or they are random, I cannot tell.