clang-format Style for RTEMS

Mikail Yayla myayla1245 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 21:36:45 UTC 2019

Hello,

to evaluate the effort needed to adapt clang-format for RTEMS, we are
currently trying to implement the option to put the ")" at the
end of a function declaration in a separate line, e.g.:

bool _Thread_Initialize(
   Thread_Information                   *information,
[...]
   Objects_Name                          name
) // <- in a new line
{

I asked for help in the clang mailing list, but it does not seem like there
is a person who is willing to mentor me in getting used to the clang-format
code and the tools it depends on. It looks like they don't have much
interest to invest time in a private patch.

Currently I am using QtCreator to load the LLVM cmake and build the
project. It is possible to use the Debugger to trace the execution of
clang-format.

In my view, with the help of QtCreator and the debugger it should be
possible to adapt clang-format for RTEMS in a reasonable amount of time.
But since it is an extensive project, it will take some time to understand
the code and to feel comfortable enough to implement new functionality.

Best,
Mikail

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 1:44 PM Sebastian Huber <