Do we really want to install the tests during a BSP install?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Jan 24 07:58:19 UTC 2019

Hello,

I rework currently the quick start chapter of the user manual. I think
we should recommend to build the tests for a BSP and run them. To build
applications on top of RTEMS you have to install the BSP. If you build
the BSP with --enable-tests, then the test executables are installed.
This requires a lot of storage space:

du -sh erc32/
2.5G    erc32/

Compare this without the executables:

find erc32/ -name '*.exe' | xargs rm
du -sh erc32/
65M     erc32/

Is this really what the normal user wants? If you want to archive
thinks, then you probably also archive the build tree. If the tests are
successful, then you probably delete the build tree and no longer care
about the tests.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de