GSOC 2019 Aspirant

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Jan 25 14:56:59 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 8:44 AM Vijay Kumar Banerjee <
vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 at 19:50, Ravindra Meena <rmeena840 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi developers,
>> I am new RTEMs. I have setup the RTEMs developement environment and have
>> run the Hello World application. Can anyone suggest me the projects
>> available for GSOC 2019?.
>> --
>>
> Hello Ravindra,
>
> Now that you have completed the hello world, the best place to start
> looking for the project is the open projects page<
> https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/OpenProjects>
> After you have found a few of them that interest you, keep asking about
> them in the devel ML.

+1 I would add that if the open project has a ticket, it is more likely to
be a current description.
It is has a wiki page, read it and then ask on devel. It it is still a
desired project and you are
interested, then we need to turn it into a ticket.

Also some projects are a collection of tickets. The POSIX Compliance
project comes to mind there.

There are lots of ideas and a lot of areas to work in. Find something that
interests you and
start asking questions.

--joel