GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jul 15 06:57:00 UTC 2019

On 15/07/2019 08:51, Ravindra Kumar Meena wrote:
>      > Last week packet.header part from both client-side and metadata was
>      > completed. I will continue to work on adding packet.context etc.
>      >
>      > I got the response from lltng about stream_instance_id.
>      > https://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2019-July/029093.html
>
>     Ok, did you double check that the stream_instance_id is equal to the
>     cpu_id in an example LTTNG file?
>
> Yes. They are equal. I have attached the image of the content in HEX
> format. On 2nd raw last 64 bits value is 2 and on 6th raw first 32 bits
> value is also 2. The same case with other files also. Here 64 bits value
> is of stream_instance_id and 32 bits value is of cpu_id.

Ok, good.

>      >
>      > I have made changes accordingly.
>      >
>     https://github.com/rmeena840/rtems-tools/commit/4e9b6825687242ca60da50d3f6feed08714440a2
>      >
>      > I have moved the generation of binary stream files directly to
>      > ./misc/record/ctf/. See above commit.
>
>     Why have you changed this? The tool should output the files in the
>     current directory. Please change it back to the original version.
>
> The metadata file is in misc/record/ctf. The directory would look clean.
> Isn't it needed?

Just store the stuff in the current directory. Later we may add a new
command line option to optionally specify an output directory.

>     Please have a look at the fseek() function:
>
>     http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/fseek.3.html
>

> Okay. I am not sure but won't this overwrite the old content in file?
> Since we will be writing to the same file.

Write the packet header and context with all values set which you know
at startup, then write the events, then call fseek() to move the file
pointer to the begin of the file, write the packet header and context
again, with all values.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de