newlib ndbm documentation

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Jul 23 15:26:59 UTC 2019

Hi

Just a note to remind you that we need to find a way to get the ndbm
documentation into newlib. Since they put a marked up man page at the top
of the .c file, I expect there are only two choices.

(1) Put it at the top of ndbm.c as expected
(2) Leave ndbm.c as found and add ndbm_doc.c

As much as I don't like modifying a standard merged file, I suspect (1) is
more acceptable to the newlib community.

In both solutions, the contents of this file have to be converted to newlib
markup.

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/lib/libc/db/man/dbm.3

Thoughts

--joel