GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 12:56:15 UTC 2019

> Ok, very good. This look all right. It is amazing how much information
> Trace Compass can display with only sched_switch events.

Great!! We have something working very useful. :) :)

> Please figure out how the state member values are defined. I think this
> is important to improve the diagrams.

Here is the response from lltng:
https://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2019-July/029121.html

What I understand from here is that _prev_state is the previous state of
the thread(TID)).

> It would be good to get task names for the IDs. Do you have an idea how
> we can do this?

With task name do you mean RTEMS_RECORD_THREAD_SWITCH_IN
and RTEMS_RECORD_THREAD_SWITCH_OUT?

if so this can be done by calling:
rtems_record_event_text( item->event )

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,