GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Jul 26 18:00:33 UTC 2019

----- Am 26. Jul 2019 um 14:56 schrieb Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com:

>> Ok, very good. This look all right. It is amazing how much information
>> Trace Compass can display with only sched_switch events.
>>
> Great!! We have something working very useful. :) :)
>

>> Please figure out how the state member values are defined. I think this
>> is important to improve the diagrams.
>>
> Here is the response from lltng:
> https://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2019-July/029121.html
>
> What I understand from here is that _prev_state is the previous state of
> the thread(TID)).

Yes, but what is the meaning of these state values? We have to figure this out since we need a mapping from RTEMS thread states to these Linux thread states. Could you use an example trace from Linux to check if the information referenced in this email answer makes sense?

>> It would be good to get task names for the IDs. Do you have an idea how
>> we can do this?
>>
> With task name do you mean RTEMS_RECORD_THREAD_SWITCH_IN
> and RTEMS_RECORD_THREAD_SWITCH_OUT?
>
> if so this can be done by calling:
> rtems_record_event_text( item->event )

Attached is a patch for RTEMS. The record server sends all thread names to the client after the header.

For thread name changes and new threads we have to think about.