GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 12:40:36 UTC 2019

> I checked in the RTEMS patch to add some basic support for thread names.
> Please update your RTEMS to the current master branch.
>
> I check in some patches for the rtems-record program in your rtems-tools
> branch.
>
> Please run your tests with new raw input data:
>
> ../../build/misc/rtems-record --input=../record/qoriq_e6500_64.bin

Okay. Pulled the recent changes. Getting different output.

> The next tasks are:
>
> 1. Detect if we switch to/from an idle thread. In this case set the
> corresponding state to TASK_IDLE == 1026.

I tried to work on this task. I am not sure how to detect it without
calling pthread_*.
Does this have to do something with rtems_task_is_suspended?
https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/task_manager.html#rtems-task-is-suspended

> 2. The program should learn the thread names corresponding to a thread
> identifier. Build up a thread identifier to thread name map. Use the map
> to emit thread names in the sched_switch event.

Mapping should be like this:
[thread_id]->[thread_name] or [thread_name]->[thread_id]?

the thread name can be obtained by:
rtems_record_event_text( item->event )

> You can use C++ if this makes it easier for you.

I will have to create separate c++ file for this.

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,