GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 16:32:33 UTC 2019

> >     The next tasks are:
> >
> >     1. Detect if we switch to/from an idle thread. In this case set the
> >     corresponding state to TASK_IDLE == 1026.
> >
> > I tried to work on this task. I am not sure how to detect it without
> > calling pthread_*.
> > Does this have to do something with rtems_task_is_suspended?
> >
> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/task_manager.html#rtems-task-is-suspended
>
> On the host you cannot call any RTEMS functions on the target. All
> information you have is in the record items. For a start, you can
> identify the idle threads via the identifier API:
>
> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/key_concepts.html#object-ids
>
> The API value for idle threads is 1.

Have made changes in metadata to sync with RTEMS:
https://github.com/rmeena840/rtems-tools/commit/4bc050227dd3055af99bd73b667015a620c259d4

Have added the prev_state in client-side:
https://github.com/rmeena840/rtems-tools/commit/43ae797ba3c6123cc51a6244a62912c999f69a1e

Have a look

> >     2. The program should learn the thread names corresponding to a
> thread
> >     identifier. Build up a thread identifier to thread name map. Use the
> >     map
> >     to emit thread names in the sched_switch event.
> >
> > Mapping should be like this:
> > [thread_id]->[thread_name] or [thread_name]->[thread_id]?
>
> In the RTEMS_RECORD_THREAD_SWITCH_OUT and RTEMS_RECORD_THREAD_SWITCH_IN
> record events you have the thread id. So, the mapping must be
> [thread_id]->[thread_name].
>

> > the thread name can be obtained by:
> > rtems_record_event_text( item->event )
> >

> >     You can use C++ if this makes it easier for you.
> >
> > I will have to create separate c++ file for this.
>
> Please convert the entire record-main.c file to C++.

Okay. I will work on it after the previous task.

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,