GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 06:30:04 UTC 2019

> > The bit field is documented in the manual. I would simplify this to:
> >
> > cctx->switch_out_int[ item->cpu ].prev_state = ( ( ( item->data >> 24 )
> > & 0x7 ) == 1 ) ? TASK_IDLE : TASK_RUNNING;
>
> Did you check how the Trace Compass behaviour changed with this?

Yes. I imported the trace on Trace Compass. The CPU 5 Threads and CPU 5
States lines are straight in the beginning because there is no change in
the cpu_id. At the end of the trace, there is a lot of change in cpu_id due
to which Trace Compass shows other CPU thread and state lines.

I have attached the screenshot of trace compass. Have a look.

I have simplified the prev_state:
https://github.com/rmeena840/rtems-tools/commit/672a8c17a0c1316b2e5b5c1963603e02817692f2

Removed the enum from metadata:
https://github.com/rmeena840/rtems-tools/commit/128b65866a653413523efdc2f4efd75a68b78d9d

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,