GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Jun 28 11:02:38 UTC 2019

On 28/06/2019 12:12, Ravindra Kumar Meena wrote:
[...]
>     Could you please give me permission to push to your repository. I would
>     like to add a record item stream from a QorIQ T4240.
>
> Did you get the invite? My GitHub handle is rmeena840.

Thanks, this worked. I pushed two commits.

>     lttng seems to create one event stream file per processor. This is your
>     next task.
>
>     1. Open a event stream file for each processor.
>
> The stream file which has ctf event element?
>

>     2. Write the events of a processor (CPU) to the corresponding file.
>
> Sorry, I didn't get this task?

Currently you write the events of all cpus into a single event stream file:

typedef struct ctf_event {
   uint64_t                     ns;
   uint32_t                     cpu;
   rtems_record_event           event;
   uint64_t                     data;
} ctf_event;

static void print_item( FILE *f, const client_item *item )
{
   ctf_event ctf_item;

   ctf_item.ns = item->ns;
   ctf_item.cpu= item->cpu;
   ctf_item.event = item->event;
   ctf_item.data = item->data;

   fwrite( &ctf_item, sizeof( ctf_item ), 1, f );
}

Change this to write the items into separate event stream files per cpu,
e.g.

typedef struct ctf_event {
   uint64_t                     ns;
   rtems_record_event           event;
   uint64_t                     data;
} ctf_event;

static void print_item( FILE **f, const client_item *item )
{
   ctf_event ctf_item;

   ctf_item.ns = item->ns;
   ctf_item.event = item->event;
   ctf_item.data = item->data;

   fwrite( &ctf_item, sizeof( ctf_item ), 1, f[ item->cpu ] );
}

Your event stream needs a packet header which indicates the cpu.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de