Interest/Intent to port OpenSSH?

Christian Mauderer list at c-mauderer.de
Fri Mar 1 16:37:24 UTC 2019

Am 01.03.19 um 17:01 schrieb Gedare Bloom:

> On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 10:52 AM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org
> <mailto:joel at rtems.org>> wrote:
>

>     On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 2:57 AM Sebastian Huber
>     <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
>     <mailto:sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>> wrote:
>
>         Hello Gedare,
>
>         we evaluated porting of OpenSSH some time ago. Something to
>         consider is
>         also Dropbear SSH:
>
>         https://matt.ucc.asn.au/dropbear/dropbear.html
>
>         We didn't spend much time with both programs, but it seems to be
>         complex. We ended up with web sockets via HTTPS.
>

>     This would be good to support via a port and the RSB.
>

> Thanks. I have some plan to add an SSH server, but I haven't yet
> untangled the complexity of it. Dropbear looks promising--it works under
> Cygwin so hopefully the newlib support is sufficient. I think this could
> be a GSoC Project, with some proper scoping and some "Extras" in case
> the porting turns out to be a bit trivial.
>

>     I thought we had a port of an SSL library but I don't see it in the RSB.
>

> We have OpenSSL in the libbsd. Is that what you mean?

One possible SSL library is OpenSSL from libbsd. Most likely that's the
simplest choice. For some other project we have also build libressl
without bigger problems before OpenSSL was included in libbsd. But that
was without RSB.

Another interesting SSL library would be mbed TLS. It promises to be a
lot smaller than OpenSSL. But I didn't try that one yet.

Regards

Christian