Query for GSOC Project

Christian Mauderer christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Mon Mar 4 09:48:25 UTC 2019

Am 04.03.19 um 07:47 schrieb Sebastian Huber:
> Hello Vaibhav Gupta,
>
> On 04/03/2019 07:27, Vaibhav Gupta wrote:
>> I am unable to confirm, if the project is open for GSOC, as some of
>> them are labelled as new/ need for funding, etc.
>> So, I made a list of projects which I find interesting. It would be
>> very helpful for me to finalize a project if mentors confirm which of
>> the following projects are open/ not open for GSOC.
>>
>>  1. #3476 : IMFS- Improve bytes per block handling. :
>>     https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3476
>>  2. #3477 : IMFS - Add Configurable Allocator Support :
>>     https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3477
>>

> the IMFS tickets contain not enough work for a GSoC project.
>
>>  1. #3338 : Port CHFS to RTEMS : https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3338
>>

> This would be suitable GSoC project if you find a mentor. It needs to
> deal also with the Erase Block Handler (EBH).
>
>>  1. #3428 : Add SDIO driver support to rtems-libbsd :
>>     https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3428
>>     <https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3028>
>>

> I am not sure what the status of this is, it was a GSoC project before.
> My experience is that this is close to the hardware level and difficult
> to debug if you don't have a JTAG debugger.

Last year Udit worked on this project (CC on this mail). See the
following for the status reports:

    https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/2018#UditkumarAgarwal

The really relevant part of the status is the one from July 18th: The
driver already started to work but it was still not fully functional.
After that some more benchmarks have been carried out due to some slight
direction change in the project.

For SDIO the stack would have to be updated to the latest version of
libbsd and some debugging would be necessary. That is most likely not
enough work left for a complete project.

Kind regards

Christian

> Please also have a look at the open projects page:
>
> https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/OpenProjects

embedded brains GmbH
Herr Christian Mauderer
Dornierstr. 4