POSIX Compilance- #2966, GSoC Project 2019

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Mar 8 00:01:45 UTC 2019

I'm about to head home so not going to dig into each of those but I
will point out for GSoC, we need to get you where you can answer
these questions yourself.

1) clone the newlib (sourceware.org/newlib) source, RTEMS source, and
    rtems-libbsd source. rtems-libbsd is the source for networking APIs.
2) use "grep -r" (recursive grep) and find (ex: find . -name "XXX") to help
you
    find implementations.

For #3676, RTEMS supports aio but aio.h is one of only a handful of POSIX
.h files in RTEMS and not in newlib. That's why the Google Code-In student
couldn't find it in newlib. Just scanning the cpukit/include, I see 3 POSIX
.h
files which could be moved to newlib. This is worth discussing on devel@

For the rest, I think they are still open to be implemented. Now whether the
method makes sense or not on RTEMS or requires more infrastructure than
a simple method to be added is something to determine on a case by case
basis.

--joel