POSIX Compilance- #2966, GSoC Project 2019

Vaibhav Gupta vaibhavgupta40 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 17:45:08 UTC 2019

I did cloned RTEM source, newlib and rtems-libbsd.
Kept them in same folder so as to get easy with 'grep' and 'find'.

$ ls
newlib-cygwin  rtems  rtems-libbsd

$ grep -r grantpt ./
./newlib-cygwin/winsup/doc/posix.xml:    grantpt
./newlib-cygwin/winsup/doc/posix.xml:return -1 and set errno to ENOSYS.
<function>grantpt</function> and
./newlib-cygwin/winsup/cygwin/tty.cc:grantpt (int fd)
./newlib-cygwin/winsup/cygwin/libc/bsdlib.cc:      grantpt (master);
./newlib-cygwin/winsup/cygwin/common.din:grantpt NOSIGFE
./newlib-cygwin/winsup/cygwin/include/cygwin/stdlib.h:int grantpt (int);
./newlib-cygwin/winsup/CVSChangeLogs.old/cygwin/ChangeLog-1997:    *
cygwin.din: srandom, ptsname, grantpt, unlockpt - new exports.
./newlib-cygwin/winsup/CVSChangeLogs.old/cygwin/ChangeLog-1997:
(grantpt): new
./newlib-cygwin/winsup/CVSChangeLogs.old/cygwin/ChangeLog-2001:    * tty.cc
(grantpt): Fix definition.
./newlib-cygwin/winsup/CVSChangeLogs.old/cygwin/ChangeLog-2011:    * tty.cc
(grantpt): Check for valid fd.
./newlib-cygwin/newlib/ChangeLog-2015:    * libc/include/stdlib.h: add
ptsname, grantpt, unlockpt to cygwin
./rtems/testsuites/psxtests/Makefile.am:## lib_a_SOURCES +=
psxhdrs/stdlib/grantpt.c              See ticket #3645
./rtems/testsuites/psxtests/psxhdrs/stdlib/grantpt.c: *  @brief grantpt()
API Conformance Test
./rtems/testsuites/psxtests/psxhdrs/stdlib/grantpt.c:    return_value =
grantpt(fildes);
.
.
As I analyzed the output, I find no file that contains implementation of
'grantpt()', means ticket #3645(https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3645) still
needs to be addressed.
But then how this method is used in rtems testsuites?. (refer last two
lines of output for grep command).
.
Am I doing something wrong? or I am missing something.

Thanks
Vaibhav Gupta